5 reasons why you can't miss Cask and Drum
A football tent, kids fun zone, food trucks, and more.
The Cask and Drum music, beer, and wine festival has become one of Birmingham’s signature events by encapsulating the spirit of what makes Birmingham the bustling culture hub of Alabama. Avondale Brewing Co. is so excited to host the event this year. If you’re in Birmingham this weekend and you aren’t attending Cask and Drum then you’ve made a mistake. And here’s why –
1. The music, duh.
- The festival lineup features a wide variety of music genres that suit all music tastes. From rising country music stars from Nashville to Grammy Award winning artists, there is something for everyone. See what al.com entertainment columnist, Mary Colurso, has to say about the Cask and Drum lineup.
2. Family and kid friendly
- Worried that a music, food, and beer festival may not be the best place to bring your kids? Don’t sweat it. This year Cask and Drum offers activities that are great for the whole family. Along with adult activities there will be a bouncy house, face painting, and shave ice for the kiddos.
3. Birmingham culinary spotlight
- Birmingham’s most coveted restaurants will be serving up their fan favorites during the festival with special wine and beer tastings throughout the day. Participating restaurants include Saw’s Soul Kitchen, Post Office Pies, Off the Hook Food Truck, Melt, Cantina on Wheels, and more.
- Cask and Drum will have a tent dedicated to making sure nobody misses their favorite Saturday football games. With 3 large TV’s you won’t have to miss a single play.
- A portion of the proceeds for Cask and Drum will benefit Magic Moments. While you’re enjoying great music, food, beer, and wine, you will also be supporting an important community organization.
So.. See ya there? We hope so!